The complete Chinese Character Dictionary (CCD) comes in two new editions:
- a paperback edition (5.5″ x 8.5″ edition; 678 pages): traditional Chinese characters and simplified Chinese characters. All 7,500 traditional and 1,500 simplified characters can be searched for independently. The latest update was released in April, 2022.
- an e-book (Print Replica) edition. Contents are almost the same as for the paperback edition. The latest update of this edition was released in September, 2022. In this latest update a problem with the hyperlinks was solved and now all hyperlinks work correctly.
The Simplified Chinese Character Dictionary comes in three new editions:
- a hardcover edition (5.5″ x 8.5″ edition; 549 pages): contains 5,730 simplified character entries. If a simplified character has a traditional version, then that is only placed behind the simplified character, but cannot be searched for. The latest update of this edition was released in December, 2021.
- a paperback edition (5.5″ x 8.5″ edition; 559 pages): Contents are almost the same as for the hardcover edition. The latest update of this edition was released in December, 2021.
- an e-book (Print Replica) edition. Contents are almost the same as for the hardcover edition. The latest update of this edition was released in December, 2021.
All editions can be ordered from Amazon
Only the new, second edition is available. Most important changes:
- More than 90% of the HSK-6 vocabulary list has been integrated, this includes HSK 1-5 vocabulary words;
- All example words and phrases have pinyin added to them.
- An update of the e-book edition of the CCD was uploaded on September 14, 2022. This update contains a correction of an annoying error in the Series Header Table of section 10, which had by accident a blank line at the place of component 火. I have asked Amazon to send an update to everyone who purchased an e-book. Check the page with ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’ to see if the update is available. If not, please let me know.
- The December 2021 update of the Simplified CCD is the last of that edition. No new updates are planned. The complete CCD will continue to be updated whenever the need arises.
- The price of the CCD e-book was increased somewhat, from Amazon’s minimum price of 3 US$ to 4.75 US$. The reason is that with the issues concerning hyperlinks being solved, the book in its present form is now basically finished. All characters can be found quite conveniently with the same method and in my opinion, it is a pretty good product. It deserves a proud 4.75 rather than the measly minimum 3$. Of course, many things concerning the placement of series and characters, meanings and examples can be improved, and will be improved over time. Suggestions are welcome.
Next: Organization of the CCD